|MUAP 115, Class Instruction–Keyboard, Spring 2018 Schedule||Syllabus Piano Pages William Wieland|
|Practice: According to the NSU Music Major Handbook, "For every applied lesson students are expected to practice five hours per week." Class Instruction – Keyboard meets 2 hours per week. 3 hours of piano practice the rest of the week satisfies the practice expectation of this class. On those rare occasions when the instructor is absent from class, please practice.|
Attendance Grade: You must practice, therefore I take roll every class period. (If you attend class, I know you practiced that day.)|
Your begin with 100 points. I lower your attendance grade
• 1 point for every day you are tardy or leave early,
• 2 points for every day you miss more than 25 minutes of class, or
• 3 points for every unexcused absence.
However, you may make up absences on Fridays from 1:00–1:50 or by attending the other section of MUAP 115 if space permits.
|Typical Day: Warm-up and Announcements — This Week's Mini-recital or Quiz — Upcoming Mini-recitals — Upcoming Quizzes|
Final Exam — Accompaniments Mini-recital on a real piano (Oooooooo!) in my office, Spafford 304. (KC 8)|
• Monday / Wednesday Section — 2:15 pm, Thursday, May 3
• Tuesday / Thursday Section — 2:15 pm, Friday, May 4
This schedule will probably change.