Theatre 100: Introduction to Theatre
-- OnLine Section --
Instructor: Larry Wild, Assistant Professor of Theatre, Emeritus
Text: Theatre, Brief Version by Robert Cohen.
10th Edition, 2013.
Links to the Three Plays:
On-Line "Lecture" Notes
Aulularia (The Pot of Gold) |
- Theatre and the Internet
- What is Theatre? (Chapter 1)
- What is a Play? (Chapter 2)
- The Playwright (Chapter 4)
- The Actor (Chapter 3)
- The Director (Chapter 6)
FIRST EXAM over Chapters 1 through 5
- Designers and Technicians: The Theatre (Chapter 5)
- Designers and Technicians: Scenery and Lighting (Chapter 5)
- Designers and Technicians: Costumes and Sound (Chapter 5)
- Film History
- Film Production
- Radio: History and Production
- Television in the US: History and Production
Film, Radio and Television is not covered in the text book.
If you are interested in learning more about these theatrical forms,
books and internet sites are listed in the "resources" section
on the web pages.
SECOND EXAM over Chapter 6 through "Television: History and Production"
- Theatre in the West: Greek, Roman & Medieval (Chapter 7)
- Theatre of the West: Renaissance Italy (Chapter 7)
- Theatre of the West: English Renaissance (Chapter 7)
- Theatre of the West: Spanish Renaissance (Chapter 7)
- Theatre in the West: Royal Theatre: France & England (Chapter 7)
- Theatre in the West: The Romantic Theatre (Chapter 7)
- Theatre in the East (Chapter 7)
THIRD EXAM over Chapter 7
- The Modern Theatre: 1875-1945 (Chapter 8)
- The Modern Theatre: 1945-2000 (Chapter 8)
- The Musical Theatre (Chapter 9)
- Global Theatre Today: Black Theatre (Chapter 10)
- Global Theatre Today: Commercial, Educational & Community Theatres in the US (Chapter 10)
- The Critic (Chapter 11)
FOURTH EXAM over Chapters 8 through 11
E-mail questions and comments to Larry Wild at Larry.Wild@Northern.edu.
Updated: August 2, 2015
Copyright © 1995 - 2015 by Larry Wild,
Northern State University, Aberdeen, SD