Northern State University searchSearch | Index | Site Map   NSU DirectoryDirectory





REGISTRAR:  Transcript Information

What is an official transcript?

An official transcript is a legal document printed on safety paper which bears the university seal and University Registrar's signature for each university attended.

In October, 2003 the six South Dakota public universities -

  • Black Hills State University - Spearfish, SD
  • Dakota State University - Madison, SD
  • Northern State University - Aberdeen, SD
  • South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - Rapid City, SD
  • South Dakota State University - Brookings, SD
  • The University of South Dakota - Vermillion, SD

merged the separate student information services databases at each university into a single database, with each student having a single record within the system. Beginning mid November, 2003, students can obtain a consolidated set of academic transcripts, from any university, reflecting all academic credit from all South Dakota public universities. For coursework taken Fall 2003 and later, students will no longer need to request a transfer of courses from one South Dakota public university to another.

Requesting a transcript

To request an official transcript, please include the following information in a letter (or print the transcript request form):

  • Full name and any former names used while attending any of the universities
  • Social security number or student identification number
  • Date of birth
  • Dates of attendance at each university attended
  • Current address and daytime phone number
  • Complete address to which each transcript is to be sent
  • Your written signature (federal law prohibits acceptance of a computer-generated signature)

Mail your request to:

Records/Registration, Enrollment Services
Attention: transcripts
1200 South Jay Street
Northern State University
Aberdeen, SD 57401
FAX: (605) 626-2587

Official transcripts are $5.00 for the first transcript and $2.50 for each additional transcript (per request), payable at the time the request is made. Make checks payable to Northern State University.

Si Tanka/Huron University Transcripts

Exclusions and Restrictions

  • Email or telephone requests will not be honored.
  • Transcripts will not be issued to anyone with an outstanding balance to any of the six universities listed above.
  • Copies of test scores (for example, TOEFEL, GRE, ACT, SAT, GMAT, CLEP, AP) or transcripts of academic work from other institutions will not be provided. You must contact the original institution.

top of page