Lesson Plan Template
|Lesson Plan Title:||You Can Be An Inventor Too!|
|Developed by:||Mary Barnaud|
|Subject Area:||Social Studies|
|Time Frame:||Five Class Periods (One week)|
|Prerequisites:||Students will have already studied the American Revolution and know that there were many territorial changes in the United States. Students will also already know that the American Revolution brought about lots of changes in society and some inventions led up to and were created because of the Revolution.|
|Technology to be Used:||
1. Computers-students will use the internet to find information on inventors.
2. Students will use library material to do research.
1. Construction paper
4. Chairs set up for committee on final day of lesson.
1.Students will be the inventors that have to present their arguments as to why their invention needs to made and how it will affect society. (Bodily Kinesthetic & Verbal Linguistic)
2. Students will act as a judging committee that collaborates to makes their final decision in private and then presenting a public decision. (Interpersonal)
3. Students will draw a picture or create a model of their invention so the committee can have a visual of the invention. (Visual-Spatial)
4. Students will figure out how many years the patent will be valid for and in what years you have to remember to apply and purchase new patents. (Logical-Mathematical)