President Lesson Plans
|Lesson Plan Title:||Honestly Abe!|
|Developed by:||Raelyn Haak|
|Grade Level:||1st Grade|
|Time Frame:||3 days|
This lesson was developed to help children truly understand who our 16th president was. During this lesson, children will be expected to partake in a variety of activities.
|Prerequisites:||Children will have formerly reviewed some of the earlier Presidents, such as George Washington.|
|Standards:||South Dakota History Standards|
1. Write a summary before we start the lesson on everything they know about Abraham Lincoln. They will do this again at the end of the lesson. (Verbal Linguistic)
2. Sing songs about Abraham Lincoln (Musical-Rhythmic)
3. Go to a website I provide and fill out a worksheet answering Abe Lincoln questions.
4. Have a short children's book about Abraham Lincoln read to them (Verbal Linguistic)
5. Write poems about Lincoln (Interpersonal)
6. Have a short quiz at the end of their lesson to measure learning.
7. Watch a short video on Lincoln. (Visual-Spatial)
|Assessment:||Improvement on their summaries from before to after the lesson, class discussion participation, skit performances, poems, and quiz.|
|Technology to be Used:||
Television, and Computer looking
at this Internet site.
The life of Abraham Lincoln
The Spirit of Lincoln Song
|Other Materials:||Song Sheets, Lined Paper, Children's Book|
Attachment B: Abraham Lincoln Song
Attachment C: Abraham Lincoln Quiz