Lesson Plan Template
|Lesson Plan Title:||A New Perspective|
|Developed by:||Megan Enderson|
|Topic:||One point perspective drawing|
|Grade Level:||5th grade|
|Time Frame:||4 classes (40 minutes approx.)|
|Lesson Summary:||The Students will learn to construct a street scene using one point perspective rules.|
need to have knowledge of shape.
Students need to be able to use a ruler.
Students need to understand different types of line.
|Standards:||SD standards (standards 1, 2 and 4)|
Students will understand theory of one point perspective. Students will know vocabulary such as vanishing point, one-point perspective, and horizon line.
|Technology to be Used:||N/A|
|Other Materials:||18x24 drawing paper, pencils, erasers, colored pencils, rulers|
Materials:18x24 drawing paper, pencils, erasers, colored pencils, rulers
1. Lecture on one point perspective. Explain how lines go a certain way and everything goes towards a vanishing point. (Verbal linguistic) (1st class period 15 minutes)
2. Show examples of perspective in photos and art. (Visual/special) (1st class period 15-20 minutes)
3. Take students outside of school to view a neighborhood and see how looking down a street you have a vanishing point and how lines appear slanted. (Naturalistic) (2nd class period 20 minutes)
4. Relate perspective shapes to Geometry, discuss angles, go over review of how to correctly use a ruler. (logical/mathematical) (2nd class period 20 minutes)
5. Students will work on their drawing for 2 class periods, constructing a city scene with store fronts, sidewalks, etc. Students will need to include personal things such as; naming a store after themselves, a family member or friend etc, putting things of interest to them into the scene. Drawings will be colored. (Intrapersonal) (3rd and 4th class period)
|Attachments:||examples of perspective|