October 19, 1998
Unit: Challenges Our Economy Faces
- To understand the effects inflation has on the economy.
- To understand the "boom" and "bust" of the business cycle.
- To understand the relationship between labor and management.
Students will be able to:
1. Discuss and explain working conditions between 1800 and 1850
to the rise of labor unions.
2. List methods used by labor unions to obtain higher wages and better
3. List methods used by employers to combat union actions.
1. Textbook section on Labor and Management; Chapter 19, sec.
2. Section 3 questions
2. 15-20 minute presentation/discussion of sec. 3 material.
A. Working conditions of the past.
B. Rise of labor unions.
C. Methods used by labor.
D. Methods used by employers.
A. Questions over covered material
Textbook, American Civics