Interlibrary Loan Procedures
Interlibrary loan is the process of requesting returnable materials (books, videos, DVDs, CDs, etc.) and photocopies (articles, etc.) from other library locations.
Requesting titles from other libraries - Video (2 min)As the video shows, most interlibrary loan requests can be placed from within the library catalog or by using the "Find it @NSU" button in one of the library databases. Occasionally, however, you will need to request an item that you've run across in the course of your research and that does not appear in the library catalog. For this type of request you can use the blank form found in the library catalog.
Use the link below and follow the instructions on this page to locate blank request forms for both returnable items and journal articles. Contact library staff with any questions.
|Fill-in-the-Blank ILL forms|
After clicking on the ILL Forms link above you'll be prompted to log in.
- Select Northern State University from the Library dropdown menu.
- Enter your library barcode. This is the number on the back of your NSU ID. It begins with 21573…
- Your password is your last name.
- Click on the ‘Log On’ button.
Once logged on the system will take you to 'My Library Card’ which is information about your loans and requests.
- To place an interlibrary loan request click on ‘InterLibrary Loan Form’
- Choose either the ‘Book’ (for borrowing books and other materials) or ‘Journal' (for photocopies of journal articles) request form.
- Enter as much information about the requested item as you have.
If you have any questions about InterLibrary Loan, or about the searching the catalog in general, do not hesitate to contact library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org